Friday, December 30, 2011

Another go-to recipe

I like macaroni and cheese almost as much as I like biscuits. These are two of the reasons I have to work out a couple times a week, to make my jeans fit. But I digress.

I like all kinds of mac and cheese -- Velveeta, Kraft, generic, gourmet, you name it. But there is one that is my go-to recipe. I have it printed out, linked on my computer and in a binder, because when the craving strikes, heaven help you if you can't find the recipe. I'm pretty close to memorizing it, but it's not the kind of thing you take chances with.

I received this recipe via Facebook, via a friend from college. It's called Chef Joe's Baked Macaroni and Cheese, and while my success with Food Network recipes has been dubious, this one's a winner. Here is the link to the recipe.

NOTE: That 1/2 cup of melted butter gets divided in the recipe instructions -- half goes to the filling, half to the topping. Also, I use whole wheat pasta, and fat-free evaporated milk and it works just fine. Other than that, follow the instructions as given, and try to make sure you don't have to share it with anyone, because you might be a bit put out when there aren't any leftovers for you....

No comments:

Post a Comment