Saturday, December 31, 2011

Missi's biscuits

Now, I'm kind of a biscuit freak. When I drive past KFC, it's not so much chicken I'm interested in -- it's the biscuit. Actually, at least two biscuits. Put that with some butter and honey and shut the front door, I'm done.

Anyway, I'm at book club, and our book club has really turned into sort of a dinner club thing. Turns out we are all pretty good cooks and bakers, so the food is always great. Last time, though, Missi took it up a notch. She made biscuits.

And then she told us about the recipe, and it must have been a hoot because we were all like, "NO WAY!" and she was like, "YES way," and it disintegrated into some kind of '80s convo from there.

So, the rest of us, having eaten the biscuits, swooned, asked and received the recipe, promptly went home and made these biscuits. Some of us made them twice. Now, as a Christmas gift, I'm giving the recipe to you, not because you can't find it in 60 other places on the Internet, but because I'm new at this blog thing and I can't give away anything else at the moment. :)

Fyi, these biscuits call for Sprite, or some similar 7-up type drink. We don't have that stuff in our house, so I use beer. Works just fine.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2 cups Bisquick or baking mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Sprite (or beer)

Butter a 9-in. pan. Mix ingredients. Pour/pat dough into pan. Bake for 20 min. Sit down before you eat. Enjoy. And Happy New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment