Saturday, January 7, 2012

Book club cookin': Stage 3 - Knock You Up brownies

These are actually the "Knock You Naked" brownies from ThePioneerWoman.com, but seeing as how we had one baby at book club (so cute!), and one in the oven (I'm sure it'll be cute too), Knock You Up seemed more appropriate. Besides, we don't get naked at book club. We're just not that kind of club. We can read you under the table, though.

Anyway, back to the brownies. Here's where to find the recipe. I should mention that this calls for walnuts, but as we have allergies in this here club, I substituted 1 cup of rolled oats instead. Worked just fine.

I can't emphasize the importance of chilling the brownies in the fridge overnight. This MADE the dessert. I know you want to eat it right out of the oven, but hold up, okay? Also, she's right on about the powdered sugar. Seems like just a pita when you're staring down the pan, but it's worth the extra two minutes to dig it out of the pantry.

So, there you go. A full dinner for your book club and a bag of chips. And you didn't even have to read the book! Just like me! LOL.

1 comment: