Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grilling hamburgers in winter!

It's roughly 60 degrees out tonight, which is ridiculous as it's Jan. 30. However, who am I to argue?

DH wanted to grill out, and that sounded like a great idea to me, so he brought home ground beef, and I made hamburgers. I do the prep, and he does the grilling. I also made homemade french fries.

We started adding seasoning to our hamburgers early on in our time together, but it wasn't until we had these burgers my dad bought, that we got serious about our additions. Bacon, cheese, onion, garlic -- everything was up for grabs. This recipe is a mild one, but it tasted great on hamburger buns toasted in a skillet.

Burgers

2 lbs. ground chuck
2 T. Italian seasoning
1 T. Greek seasoning
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix all this together and make about 6 to 7 patties. Grill over charcoal. We are a charcoal grill family. Although, if the state of the grill is any indication, that could change depending on home store sales. Tune in.

1 comment: