Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

We just arrived home from Indiana, where my mother-in-law made us breakfast every day, and sometimes lunch and dinner! It is so awesome. She's such a great cook. We also did a little antiquing, and I finally found my elusive pie bird! She sent us home with little smokies in sauce, nacho dip and fudge. We also got really stupendous presents this year -- books, a photo album, a handmade Colts blanket, a circular saw (yes!) and -- wait for it -- The Sauce Master. This nifty gadget processes fruit and tomatoes for canning like magic, apparently. My sister-in-law has one and loves it. Now, I just have to wait for canning season to begin. I also got this neat milk bottle measuring cup set from my sister-in-law, which is fulfilling my wish for some kind of Nigella Lawson-like measuring cup system... so cool. Bling-y Silpada earrings, a Celtic trivet, more books and a Lowe's card rounded out the Christmas, as did spending time with my family, watching my nieces and nephews open their presents, and getting ready for Santa to arrive. It's been odd not cooking for awhile, so I'm jumping back in this week. Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment