Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mashed potatoes

It seems like a travesty, to give up my potatoes. We think they are pretty good, but who knows. Anyway, having passed on the short ribs, it seems like a shame not to put down the recipe they went with. But it's kind of hard. My hands are hesitating to type this.

Arrrghhhh.

See, this was kind of my first recipe I made up myself. Is it original? Hell no. But I didn't actually read the recipe before making it and at the time, that was huge.

It's not now, I guess, and that's where it shouldn't be hard to write this down. But it is. So, enjoy and forget the gravy!

Mashed potatoes

3 lbs. potatoes, russet, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
1/2 stick butter
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste

Pretty straightforward -- cut up potatoes, place in a stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, add butter and garlic, and mash. Add ranch and milk and stir. Add in Parmesan, salt and pepper. Give it a final stir. Serve immediately. Save about a cup for yourself, so when you want leftovers, you don't have to fight for them. Or get upset when they disappear from your fridge... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment