Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tilapia tacos

So simple, yet tasty. I splurged for the tilapia at the meat counter, and I'm glad I did! I also have hubby to thank, as he picked up the tortillas for dinner.

Have I mentioned this green chile seasoning powder yet? It made the dish. As well as the black beans I simmered and mashed as a side.

Tilapia

1 T. olive oil
1 lb. tilapia filets
1 lime
1 T. cumin
1 T. green chile seasoning
6 medium flour tortillas
Toppings as needed

Heat nonstick skillet to medium low, and toss in olive oil. Douse filets in lime juice, and sprinkle seasoning on both sides. Place in pan, but don't crowd. Heat for three to four minutes on each side. Serve with flour tortillas, broccoli slaw mix, chopped avocado, salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment