Saturday, February 18, 2012

Turkey Tetrazzini and the Best Asparagus Ever

Have I mentioned this asparagus recipe yet? I found it on TastyKitchen.com, and have been making it per request of my husband roughly every two weeks since. It is so easy, and gives all the other methods of cooking asparagus a bad name.... When I make it, I chop off the bottom inch of the stack of asparagus while it's still banded together. This eliminates tough ends, and ensures only tender shoots for your plate.
So, here it is: Roasted Asparagus. The Best Asparagus Ever!

I also made Turkey Tetrazzini last night. We had one bag of frozen cooked turkey in the freezer, and this seemed like a good time to use it. I have a whole plan to do freezer meals, and I need a cleaned-out freezer to start it, so this is one of many posts where I will use frozen items we have on hand.

Anyway, at one point I had a gut instinct to only use 3 cups of broth instead of 4 cups. I should have listened. It was a bit soupy, but still tasted great. The combination of the cheeses really creates a nice sauce for the turkey, mushrooms and peas. I did not use olives for this, substituted 1/3 less fat cream cheese and also baked it in my Dutch oven. I would say if you bake it in a casserole the extra liquid is probably okay.

On that note, have a wonderful weekend, and perhaps soon, I will be back with New Orleans jambalaya! That or pumpkin-carrot soup. Tune in for the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment