Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Barley

Why is it that when I plan a meal for a night I'm not going to be home, it always turns out well?? I had a crockpot meal planned for Monday when I was going to be at book club. I put it together in the morning, and came home to a glorious scent wafting from the counter. I spooned some into a dish -- whoa! This was good stuff -- great for the slightly chilly weather we were supposed to have all month.

Crockpot Chicken Barley

3 large chicken breasts, still slightly frozen
2 cans cream soup - I used celery and mushroom
3 cups water
2 chicken boullion cubes
1 cup pearled barley
1 t. Greek seasoning
Salt and pepper

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom, and top with remaining ingredients. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Enjoy with a salad or steamed broccoli.

My husband put this on toast and had to take a nap after dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment