Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kansas City or bust!

There's been a dearth of recipes here, and that's because I went to Kansas City for work. I'll spare you the boring part, but I did have two really awesome meals there. The first was at Hereford House.





I had the Kansas City strip, medium rare, with mashed potatoes, and perhaps the most decadent carrot cake ever. The frosting/cream cheese goodness was a full inch-thick layer sandwiched between the cake layers. Best. Idea. Ever. Must try!

The next night, we ate at The Smokehouse.




I had the pulled pork platter with some awesome coleslaw and fries, with Bell's Oberon Pale Ale on tap. It hit the spot, and we know I don't say that much about dishes with coleslaw.

On the way home on I-35, we hit rain and lightning...


... but we managed to make it home, and even stopped off to get gas and food, and... clothes and stuff. You know, the necessities...


:) So, back to the stove!


No comments:

Post a Comment