Monday, April 2, 2012

Kitchen Muse on Vacation: Products I like and Words of Inspiration

There are no new recipes to post, because my kitchen muse is on vacation. Instead, I bring you a review of things I'm loving lately and some inspiration to wind it all up....



Anastasia tinted brow gel in espresso. Because my eyebrows are actually turning gray. Well, white, actually. It's ridiculous. Also, I had a coupon. And this nice lady named Caitlyn at the Ulta store told me I had nice eyebrows. I'm a sucker -- what can I tell you. The stuff goes on like mascara, only lighter, and you can hardly feel it.  




Mary Kay(R) NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in beach bronze. I also have it in fancy nancy. I'm not sure what this says about me, but my lips aren't chapped anymore, and that's tough to accomplish over here. Also, my friend Laura sells it, so I'm biased. But really! No chapped lips! Also, no weird stickiness. Freaking miracle.



These are the Kylie wedges from Payless, and in my own brain, they look like the shoes that Kate Middleton wears, without the 5-in. heel, ensuing pain and high price tag. These were on sale when I was on lunch break -- a deadly combo -- and they go with everything. And there's the added bonus of the rubber sole so I'm not click-clacking around the office... That right there is some $20 of joy for ya. Now, as to why I didn't buy the yellow peep-toe wedges when I was there...




Dream Cream by Lush. Yeah, the cost of this stuff is ridiculous, but when you have winter skin in the spring and summer, and nothing is making a dent, accept no substitutes. I hoard this stuff, use it sparingly and only buy it when I'm in a larger city to avoid shipping costs. Also, there's it's like 99.9 percent natural, if you're worried about that sort of thing. You can practically eat half of their products!





Chai Tea lattes. Now, I actually use the generic chai tea from Hy-Vee, but knock yourself out. Make a strong cup, and add two pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and fill the rest with unsweetened soy milk. Microwave about a minute, and float away on a chai breeze.




Lavender goodness and hippie messages. Dr. Bronner's liquid soap is a pretty versatile deal -- you can wash your hair with it if you run out of shampoo. Also, it makes the shower smell like an herb garden, if you like that kind of thing. 


Is your kitchen muse on vacation? Are you in need of uplifting and your bath products aren't doing the job? Try listening to this guy. I get his Notes from the Universe in my email... this was the last one:

Your generosity is making a name for you here in the unseen, while at the same time rattling the floodgates there on the plane of manifestation. I bet you're good at chess...
Check,
    The Universe

Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. love the recommendations! hope the muse has a nice vacation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Borrowed that term from you back in the day, I think! :) Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete