Monday, June 18, 2012

A big week, and a potluck request

I haven't been cooking much lately. There was a bridal shower at work, and then a friend of mine had a baby, which involved spending about 10-plus hours at the hospital and an early run to Starbucks. This was totally worth it, however. The newest Amazon is a beaut!

I have three bags of grain waiting to be ground up and processed into wort for beer, and about six cups of currants in the fridge that need to be cooked into jam, as soon as I get the other ingredients. This weekend involved grilling and vegetables, all of which I've written about here already. So, this week, you might get a jam recipe with a canning tutorial, if we're all very, very lucky. Also on the list is banana bran muffins, cornmeal waffles and beer, apparently.

In other news, I'm looking for a potluck dish. It has to taste good, weather heat well and feed about 75 people. Ideally, it will be easy, take less than 15 ingredients and fit into the two disposable pans I bought for the occasion. Magical powers optional.

Any ideas? I'm open! Post away!

No comments:

Post a Comment