Friday, September 14, 2012

And now for something completely different... from Pinterest


Are you on Pinterest? It's an addiction. I tend to "like" items rather than "pin" them, but I always think I won't get to the projects.

I finally did one project I'd admired. It doesn't look quite like the original, but not too shabby.

Here is the original from Stampingville:

http://stampingville.blogspot.com/2011/10/handmade-gifts-framed-beautiful.html



Here is my rewind:



I used a framed mirror I found at the thrift store for 25 cents. Then I stamped the mirror surface with brown ink, and added stickers of grasses at the bottom of the frame.

I traced and cut out the butterflies from some textured white wallpaper, then brushed over them with a brown Prismacolor marker broad tip to highlight the texture. Then I bent the wings out. I glued brown crystals onto a few of them. I adhered them to the mirror with 3M mounting squares, because of the smooth surface of the mirror.




Finally I added a length of pale green textured ribbon on the left side, and left it all to dry overnight. Now, it hangs in my office!

No comments:

Post a Comment