Thursday, August 1, 2013

Carrot cake for doggies


Three weeks old

We had a birthday here recently. Augie turned one in July. He celebrated with carrot cake (for doggies) and the next day, he tore up a pillow. Maturity is a fickle thing.

The recipe I used for the carrot cake was pretty straightforward, although I tweaked it a bit. I forgot the vanilla, and I used whole wheat pastry flour. Augie loved it, however, and was straining for it before we could take a picture!

One year and a party hat!

Carrot cake for doggies

1 1/4 cups shredded carrot (about two large carrots, I think)
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup oil 
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 t. baking soda

Mix ingredients, and put in greased 8x5 in. loaf pan. I baked this for about 30-35 minutes on 400 degrees. My oven runs a bit hot, though.

I mixed up some peanut butter and honey to put on top, but I think I could have skipped that. I cut the remainder in slices and put it in the freezer for future treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment