Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pepper pasta





As it turns out, the most recent recipes I've made lately have come not from cookbooks, but from blogs, via Buzzfeed. One of my favorites so far has been an adaptation of a baked red pepper pasta dish from Half Baked Harvest.

I was casting around for something to make that wouldn't require a lot of time. I'm on my second bout of bronchitis this year, and have inexplicably given up my triple coffees per day habit in the midst of all this, which is to say, energy is not at the all-time high by any means. Thus, simplicity is necessary.

Anyway, I love that the original is called Dad's Friday Night Pasta Dish, and I won't attempt to top that. What I will do is share with you our favorite iteration of this dish so far.

Normally, by the way, I balk at the price of red peppers, but Aldi usually has a package including a red, orange and yellow bell pepper for about $3. While you're there, pick up a jar of the marinated artichokes and you'll be set.

And yes, this is an insane amount of cheese, but it is worth it! So good!

Pepper pasta, adapted from Half Baked Harvest

1 lb. bowtie pasta
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
1 t. basil
1 t. oregano
2 t. Greek seasoning
salt
cracked black pepper
1 jar marinated artichokes
1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
3 red, orange or yellow peppers, seeded and sliced thin
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
A 13x9 in. pan or similarly sized casserole pan

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta and drain.

While the pasta is cooking, put in enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and then some. Add seasonings to the pan. Add cooked pasta and toss to mix.

Add chicken and artichokes, and mix well. Sprinkle all the monterey jack cheese over the pasta, and top with all the peppers. Top the peppers with the Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. Serve warm on a cold night!






No comments:

Post a Comment